10 Different Ways to Make Money in College
College is a time for learning and growing, but it can also be a time of financial stress. Tuition costs are rising, and many students are struggling to make ends meet. If you’re looking for ways to make extra money in college, here are ten ideas to get you started:
- Get a part-time job. This is one of the most common ways for students to make money, and there are many different types of part-time jobs available. You could work on campus, such as in the library, dining hall, or bookstore. You could also work off campus at a retail store, restaurant, or other business.
- Apply for work-study. Work-study is a federal program that helps students earn money to pay for college expenses. Work-study jobs are typically on campus, and they often relate to your field of study.
- Become a tutor. If you’re good at a particular subject, you can tutor other students for money. You can advertise your tutoring services online or on campus.
- Start a freelance business. If you have any skills or talents that you can offer to others, you can start your own freelance business. For example, you could freelance as a writer, editor, designer, or photographer.
- Take online surveys. There are many websites that will pay you to take surveys. This is a relatively easy way to make money, but it doesn’t pay very much.
- Sell your stuff. If you have any unwanted items, you can sell them online or at a garage sale. This is a great way to declutter your space and make some extra cash at the same time.
- Get a side hustle. There are many different side hustles that you can do to make money in college. For example, you could drive for a ride-sharing service, deliver food, or start a dog-walking business.
- Become a research assistant. If you’re interested in research, you can apply to be a research assistant for a professor. This is a great way to gain experience in your field of study and make some money at the same time.
- Get a grant or scholarship. There are many grants and scholarships available to students who need financial assistance. You can search for grants and scholarships online or through your college’s financial aid office.
- Ask for help from your family and friends. If you’re struggling to make ends meet, don’t be afraid to ask for help from your family and friends. They may be able to lend you money or help you find a job.
No matter what your skills or interests are, there are many ways to make money in college. With a little effort, you can earn the extra money you need to pay for your education and other expenses.
Get Cash from Advance Financial
If you are struggling to make ends meet, you can get a line of credit from Advance Financial. With a line of credit, you can get up to $4000 as soon as today.* You can also repay your line of credit in flexible payments. So, what are you waiting for? Apply online or in any of our Tennessee stores today!
Bank Participation Required. *