Advance Financial Awards Scholarships to 10 Tennessee Students
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – June 13, 2019 – Nashville-based Advance Financial awarded 10 accomplished Tennessee students with scholarships on Tuesday evening at a banquet in Little Italy Maggiano’s in Nashville.
This event marks the 5th annual Advancing Education Scholarship Campaign, sponsored with a generous contribution from Advance Financial along with donations raised through customers.
With the goal to help students pay their tuition at the college of their choice, Advance Financial picks a few merit students and provides them the financial award.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be a graduating high school senior with minimum 3.0 GPA. Other considerations include participation in extracurricular activities, community service, as well as financial need. This year, 10 students from Tennessee were selected from a total 68 applied candidates each will receive $1000 for each of their 4 years in college, provided that they keep in a minimum 3.0 GPA. Shayla Brooke Drummer, a local Smyrna High School graduate is one among these students.
The Vice President of corporate citizenship Shantrelle Johnson said, that this program will continue to get stronger by each passing year. She further added that, “This year, we have surpassed our goal by 50% and are extremely proud to be an active part of communities which contribute to good causes like this by assisting one another. It’s an amazing feeling to send 10 merited local kids to college with fewer financial load on them. For helping us blow our goal out of the water, we thank each one of our customers.”
Below are the 10 winning students:
- Moriah Tant – Graduate of Coffee County Central High School; attending Maryville College
- Barbara Queen – Graduate of Northwest High School; attending Southern University
- Rebecca Fisher – Graduate of Farragut High School; attending the University of South Carolina
- Dionee McFarland – Graduate of Gallatin High School; attending Tennessee State University
- Allison Medlock – Graduate of Loudon High School; attending East Tennessee State University
- Alista Brawner – Graduate of Macon High School; attending UT Knoxville
- Emma Harvill – Graduate of Clarkrange High School; attending East Tennessee State University
- Christen Bailey – Graduate of Martin Luther King Magnet School; attending University of Kentucky
- Shayla Brooke Drummer – Graduate of Smyrna High School; attending UT Knoxville
- Michael Anthomy Lima Jr. – Graduate of Stone Memorial High School; attending Roan State
The awards ceremony included speeches by guest speakers Dr. Russ Keller – a Williamson County educator who served on the Advance Financial Education Scholarship Committee and Ashley Radnoti – a recipient of an Advancing Education scholarship last year.
Dr. Keller said, “we have a varied category of recipients in this year and because of this wonderful program, they will be a part of fabulous schools. It was amazing to honor the students’ achievements accompanying with their friends and families at this extraordinary banquet.”
About Advance Financial
Founded in 1996, Advance Financial is a leading fintech company based in Nashville, Tennessee. With more than 100 stores in Tennessee and online services in 12 states, Advance Financial provides fast lending decisions on line of credit loans and other financial services, 24/7/365. Recent recognition includes 2018 Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies (7 straight years); A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau; Nashville’s 4th fastest growing company (2018, Nashville Business Journal); Forbes Best Employers for New Graduates (2018); and, Indeed Top-Ranked Workplace for Compensation/Benefits (2018). For more, visit www.af247.com.
Original source: murfreesborovoice