Saturday, February 14th, as most everyone knows, is Valentine’s Day. A day of love. A day of expensive flowers and dinners and cards and jewelry. But what about people who are on a budget. Their day shouldn’t be ruined just because their pockets aren’t lined with cash.
Here are some ideas to stretch your Valentine’s Day dollar.
- Give your love a single red rose. Instead of buying a dozen red roses (which on Saturday will cost you double what they would normally cost) just get one beautiful red rose.
- Buy him/her their favorite chocolate. Pick out something they wouldn’t normally buy for themselves instead of an expensive box of chocolates.
- Spend time together. Watch a movie, take a walk, just sit and talk. The time you spend with that special someone will mean more than any overpriced stuffed animal you could buy.
- Cook at home. Don’t spend an arm and a leg (not to mention trying to get reservations) on a meal out. Eat in. Prepare your partner’s favorite food or dessert or get a special bottle of wine.
- Stargaze. Drive out to the country away from the lights of the city and stargaze. Talk about romantic!
- Write your special someone a love letter. There’s nothing sweeter than saying I love you in a poem or make your own card.
These are just a few ideas for an inexpensive way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Use your imagination. You’ll be surprised just how romantic you can be, if you just put a little thought into it.
Remember, as always, we’re here to help. If you do need extra cash for the holiday, come in to one of our 24/7 locations or visit us online. We want everyone to have a great Valentine’s Day, no matter how you choose to celebrate.
Photo Credit: Andrea Schunert