Charitable Donations for 2014
At Advance Financial, we believe in the people and the communities we serve. We believe in lending a helping hand. We believe in building and rebuilding so that all have a brighter future. All of this is of utmost importance to us and is why we are proud to support many local organizations and events in the following areas of charitable giving.
- Education Grants
- Education Sponsorships
- Miscellaneous Grants
- Health and Wellness Grants
- Health and Wellness Sponsorships
- Miscellaneous Sponsorships
- Community Support (per store)
Please read the list below for a more detailed overview of our 2014 charitable giving.
At Advance Financial, we are in business of helping people in need. One of the ways we do this is by assisting young men and women across Middle Tennessee receive the education they so desperately desire.
Organizations who have received our support with education grants include:
- 18th Ave Center
- FiSCA National Scholarship Program
- Murfreesboro City School
- MBA-In Kind Donation
Individual grants range from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount for education grants was between $10,000 – $15,000.
Events that have received our support with an education sponsorships include:
- Nashville Shakespeare Festival – Othello
- Les Gemmes-Literacy Luncheon
- CWJC-Moments That Matter
- Nashville Shakespeare Festival – Shakespeare in the Park
- Nashville Adult Literacy
Individual sponsorships range from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount for education sponsorships was between $10,000 – $15,000.
Organizations who have received our support with a miscellaneous education grant include:
- United Way of Rutherford/Cannon (Baby Shower Supplies) American Express
- Fifty Forward
- Montgomery Bell Academy – Predator Box donation
- Bellevue Athletic Association
Individual miscellaneous grants range from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount for miscellaneous education grants was between $1,000 – $5,000.
Health and Wellness
At Advance Financial we believe in families and the health and wellness of those families. We support our employees by offering them company-paid health insurance. Not only do we strive to help our employees in this area, it is of paramount importance to us to assist the neighborhoods we serve.
Organizations who have received our support with a health and wellness grant include:
- Meharry Dental School
- JDRF of Middle TN
- JDRF of East TN
Individual grants range from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount for health and wellness grants was between $1,000 – $5,000.
Events that have received our support with a health and wellness sponsorship include:
- Second Harvest – East TN (Food For Kids Program)
- JDRF Middle TN GALA
- JDRF East TN – Walk
- Best Buddies – T-shirt sponsor
- Susan G. Komen – Mile Marker Sponsor
- American Cancer Society – Brunch Bash
- Nashville Cares
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Run 4 Mercy
Individual sponsorships range from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount for health and wellness sponsorships was between $15,000 – $20,000.
Organizations that have received our support with a health and wellness grant include:
- Hands on Nashville MLK Day
- Hands on Nashville Mary Strobel
- Music City BBQ
- Nashville Firefighters
- NMAAM – Legends Luncheon
- Fifty Forward-Hats off to Bordeaux
- Mercy Ministries Walk
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce (Hispanic Heritage Month – Silver Sponsor/Partner in Education)
- The Next Door – Transition Ceremony
- HON Day
- TN Economic Summit for Women
- NW YMCA – Tex Thomas Prayer Breakfast
- 2014 Women in Workforce Forum – Flower sponsor
Individual miscellaneous grants range from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount for miscellaneous health and wellness grants was between $35,000 – $40,000.
Community Store-Based Giving
Our stores are in neighborhoods all over Tennessee. Our customers live and work in these communities and it’s important to us that they continue to grow and thrive. We’re so grateful when we have the chance to give back and lend a helping hand. Organizations that have received our support from individual Advance Financial stores include:
- Mt. Juliet Baseball
- Fayetteville Youth Baseball
- Coffee County Red Raider Baseball
- Manchester CCMS Cheerleader
- Waverly Belmont Football
Individual community store-based giving ranges from $1 to $5,000. Overall amount from individual stores was between $1,000 – $5,000.