Today is National Work Like a Dog Day. This is a day to celebrate the people who come in early or stay late and generally give more than is expected of them.
So many people in life do the bare minimum, watching the clock until they can run out the door. Others work relentlessly, seldom taking a break until the job is done. This is their day.
Working like a dog is, however, not to be confused with being addicted to work. These “work-a-holic” people are always at work, but may not be working hard. People who work like a dog work very hard while at work, but don’t work all the time. Here are a few famous “Work Like a Dog” people:
- NBA legend Michael Jordan spent his off seasons taking hundreds of jump shots a day
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz continues to work from home even after putting in 13 hour days
- Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay’s workouts are so intense, others can’t make it halfway through them
- Apple CEO Tim Cook routinely begins emailing employees at 4:30 in the morning
- American Idol host Ryan Seacrest hosts a radio show from 5 to 10 A.M. and runs a production company while appearing seven days a week on E!
At Advance Financial, we do our best to work like a dog for you. Most of our store locations are open 24/7/365, and our online lending services are always available. We’re always here to help.
So, on this special day, we say thanks to those people who work like a dog. You know who you are.