This coming Saturday, September 13th, is Positive Thinking Day. There are 8,760 hours in one year and this is one 24-hour segment that is dedicated to helping you stop and analyze how you are actually viewing the world around you.Life is all about perception. If you wake up in the morning and think, “this is going to be a bad day,” that sets the tone for the rest of your day and more than likely, you’re going to have a bad day. Conversely, if you wake up and think to yourself, “I’m going to make this a great day,” odds are you’re going to have a great day. Great days don’t happen – they’re created. There are things in life that can’t be changed, i.e., you’re stuck in traffic, you spill your lunch in your lap, your computer crashes. The list goes on and on. As children, we may not be told that life can sometimes be unfair or even hard. It’s all in how we perceive and deal with life’s difficulties that makes all the difference. Here are some ways to change your outlook on the day:
- Start your day with gratitude. Try being mindful of what you have. Keep a gratitude journal so you can look back over time and see what’s good in your life.
- Try staying in the moment. Take just a quick moment to stop, close your eyes and breath.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Positivity breeds positivity. One of the things that makes Advance Financial different from other companies is how we encourage each other and maintain a positive attitude in the midst of what can often be a very hectic work day.
- Smile. Smiles are contagious and you never know how your smile will change someone else’s day, let alone your own.
- Help someone. By lending a helping hand to someone in need, you can make them and yourself feel better at the same time.