What makes people go the extra mile? To push themselves past the point of their comfort zone? Some people may just want to prove to themselves that they can. Others may do it to prove someone else wrong. And then there’s the third type of person who just wants to.
In June of this year, eleven year old JulieLynn Reardon, who was born with a rare neurological condition called Hemimegalencephaly and is basically a functioning quadriplegic, participated in a Ragnar Relay race. (These are a series of races which are approximately 200 miles in length and are run relay-style with teams of 6 or 12 people). JulieLynn participated in the race with a team that included her parents. When asked why she wanted to do Ragnar, she said, “Why not?”
So, again the question, what makes people go the extra mile? At Advance Financial we do it because that’s our mission — to go above and beyond to help make our customer’s lives easier, better. We’re here to lend a hand to someone who may not can get help anywhere else.
Here are a few of the ways we accomplish this:
- The majority of our stores are open 24/7/365
- Our online lending services are always available
- We have over 50 locations throughout Tennessee
- We offer free money orders and free bill pay
- We give back to the community by offering our employees 40 hours of paid volunteer time.