Every year in June, country music fans from around the world gather in Nashville for the CMA Music Festival. The Festival is a four-day event hosted by the Country Music Association. The Festival, which began in 1972 and was launched as Fan Fair, will feature multiple music stages, new artists as well as legends, autograph signings, fan photos, activities and much more.
History of the Festival
The inaugural Fan Fair was held in Nashville’s Municipal Auditorium and was attended by 5,000 fans. By 1982, the festival was moved to the Tennessee State fairgrounds. In 2001 the event was held over a long weekend for the first time and was moved to several sites in downtown Nashville, including LP Field and Riverfront Park.
In 2004, the event was renamed to the CMA Music Festival to be more in line with the CMA brand and to appeal to a broader audience. By 2007 attendance had grown to nearly 200,000 fans. The daily attendance in 2013 was a record-setting 80,000.
This Year’s Lineup
This year’s Kick-Off Concert is June 4 from 11 am – 4:30 pm and will feature artists Shooter Jennings, Morgan Evans, Marshall Tucker Band, Small Town Pistols, Brazilbilly, Lindsay Ell and Tim Hicks. Concerts and events will continue until Sunday, June 8, with the last concert featuring Brad Paisley at 11:00 at LP Field.
During the four-day festival, many downtown Nashville streets will be closed to accommodate fans, stages and activities. The closures listed will be are in effect throughout the festival and are scheduled to be cleared by Monday morning, June 9.
Closures beginning Friday, May 30:
- First Avenue from Demonbreun to Church Street
Closures beginning Sunday, June 1:
- 7 a.m. – Broadway from First to Second avenues
- 8 a.m. – The ACME alley from First to Second avenues
Closures beginning Monday, June 2:
- 8 a.m. – Titans Way
- 8 a.m. – Demonbreun from Fourth to Fifth avenues
- 8 a.m. – First Avenue from Korean Veterans Boulevard to Demonbreun
- 8 a.m. – Demonbreun to Commerce Street
Closures beginning Tuesday, June 3:
- 6 a.m. – Broadway from First to Forth avenues
- 3 p.m. – Second Avenue from Demonbreun to Commerce Street
- 3 p.m. – Third Avenue from Demonbreun to Commerce Street
Closures beginning Wednesday, June 4:
- 7 a.m. – Westbound lane of Demonbreun from Forth to Fifth avenues
Closures beginning Thursday, June 5:
- 6 a.m. – Fifth Avenue from Demonbreun to Broadway
- 8 a.m. – Eastbound lane of Sixth Avenue from Korean Veterans Boulevard to Broadway
- 9 a.m. – Fifth Avenue from Korean Veterans Boulevard to Demonbreun
Fifth Avenue will be closed from Korean Boulevard to Demonbreun each day Thursday through Sunday, June 5-8.
We’re Here to Help
Advance Financial welcomes everyone to the CMA Music Festival! We hope everyone has a great time.
For our out-of-town friends who find themselves in need of financial assistance, our stores are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A complete store listing, including phone numbers and directions, can be found on our store location page.
Road closure schedule compliments of WKRN-TV.