ADVANCE FINANCIAL CONDUCTS FOOD DRIVE
Nov 12, 2018 | Nashville, Tennessee
Advance Financial teams up with Second Harvest Food Bank, on a mission to end World Hunger.
Often times, it has been said that there is more fruit in a rich man’s shampoo than on a poor man’s plate. Whether that’s true or not, this definitely is – 1 out of every 6 Americans faces hunger[R]. Forty million people in the United States struggle to put food on the table every day.
However horrifying these statistics seem to be, Advance Financial firmly believes that World Hunger is a very solvable problem. Why? Look at these facts and you’ll know –
- It costs $10 to feed a Kenyan boy in a refugee camp for 3 weeks – that’s less than the cost of a lipstick!
- It costs $50 to feed one school going girl for one year – that’s about the price of one iPod Shuffle.
These hard truths show just how little an effort it takes to cure the hunger of one person. If everyone contributes a little, World Hunger would cease to exist. And Advance Financial full well is doing its part.
Partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank
In the year of 2013, Advance Financial volunteered with Second Harvest and helped in their group activities. AF also donated $5,000 to Second Harvest of East Tennessee for their ‘Food for Kids’ program. Time after time, AF’s employees worked tirelessly with Second Harvest to help eradicate World Hunger.
And once again, AF teams up with Second Harvest to conduct a food drive from 5th Nov 2018 to 30th Nov 2018 at the following locations –
- 214 S. Illinois Avenue, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
- 5527 Clinton Highway, Knoxville, TN 37912
- 2823 N. Broadway, Knoxville, TN 37917
- 4531 Chapman Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920
- 8024 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919
- 10511 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37922
- 4861 N. Broadway, Knoxville, TN 37919
- 163 Winfield Dunn Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37876
- 835 Highway 321 N, Lenoir City, TN 37771
- 2217 N Charles G Seivers Blvd, Clinton, TN 37716
- 348 South Calderwood Street, Alcoa, TN 37701
How Food Banks Help Our Community
Food banks collect food from restaurants, shops, agriculturists, etc. and distribute it to hunger-relief charities. They also stock pile food that can be stored for long periods of time without going bad. This is distributed in times of emergencies such as a national disaster.
How Can You Help?
If you are willing to donate food, time or money, you are welcome to join at any of the above locations. The more people who contribute, the faster we can eradicate World Hunger. Like they say, the more the merrier!