At Advance Financial, we are dedicated to supporting education programs within the communities we serve. Part of that dedication is funding a variety of educational initiatives throughout the state of Tennessee. These Programs are focused on improving the quality of education for pre-school, grade school, and high school students, while also making college more accessible to high school graduates.
We started the Advance Financial Scholarship Program in 2015, giving out a total of $5,000 in scholarship money to senior high school students planning on attending a two or four year institution. This year we have tripled that amount, and plan to give approximately $20,000 in scholarships that can be used by students to help pay tuition and other school expenses.
Below is the criteria for applying for the Advance Financial Scholarship:
- The student must reside in a county served by Advance Financial
- Must be a senior in an accredited Tennessee school
- Student must attend a two or four year institution of higher education in the United States as an undergraduate
- The award brings $1,000 each, payable to the college of their choice to cover part of their school expenses for the fall of their first year
- GPA Must be equivalent to at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale